Wednesday, April 29, 2009

111-23-Revised-Diagnostic-Essay-Heather-Brown

My most treasured vacation would be the cruise I recently sailed on in October. It was a ship full of wonderful adventures and many activities to explore. We set sail from the city of Norfolk and our destination was the Islands of Nassau and Freeport in the heart of the Bahamas. I just couldn't wait to feel the warm white sand in my toes and clear blue, ocean water splashing on my skin. I could already hear the nightlife, full of music and laughter, with people dancing the night away without a care in the world. My favorite events on the cruise included karaoke, dancing, and the free room service. There was so much to explore on this grand ship.

One of the many activities enjoyed on the cruise ship was participating in karaoke. Singing is one of my many hobbies so I decided to enter into a karaoke contest. I got to pick from a handful of classic singers. This may seem funny, but I chose Britney Spears. After I had performed and the contest was over, I had won the part as Britney Spears and had the chance of a lifetime to perform in one of the last shows on the ship as Britney Spears. I was dressed in a school girl outfit, complete with black heels. After belting out her hit single "Baby One More Time..."I was told by so many people how much I resembled Britney Spears. I even fooled a couple of people because some of them asked for my autograph.

Dancing was another activity that was enjoyed daily. I learned all different types of dancing such as Disco and Boot Scooting. Later on in the evening, my friends and I would head out to the dance club called "Club Arctic." We had so much fun when they had Disco Night because we would bust out our amazing dance moves we learned in class. Then we would head out to the Jazz bands and dance till we literally couldn't move.

Of course, the most enjoyed activity of all on this vacation cruise was the free food and room service. You could also order as much as you like free of charge. Everywhere we went the food was free. I swear I gained three to five pounds just on ice cream alone. I felt like a little kid at a candy store.

I wish I could tell you so much more about this trip, but it would end up being pages and pages long so I spilled the interesting details. I strongly recommend anyone that is looking for a great vacation to take a Carnival Cruise. The worst fear people have is the sea sickness but I was fine. Some people also get what they call sea legs after about a week on the ship which took me three days to get over. Overall a cruise is a vacation of a lifetime and is well worth the while.

1 comment:

  1. • At least 50% of your content is completely new.
    • A clever, creative title that relates to your revised or rewritten essay.
    • Make sure that your essay includes a beginning, middle, and end.
    • Make it an exciting personal experience narrative, not a list of bland details. Tell a story as opposed to writing a (boring) timeline of events.
    • Show, don’t tell: make your reader believe they are inside of the story by including apt sensory description. Remember RENNS and the other aspects of “good” writing.
    • Use the rhetorical appeals to make your audience feel and think (you do not need to use the terms themselves).
    • No structural or grammatical errors.
    • Required word count of your revised essay is between 600 and 1,200 words.

    ReplyDelete