Wednesday, April 29, 2009

111-23-Original-Diagnostic-Essay-Heather-Brown

My favorite vacation would be the cruise I recently went on in October. It was a ship full of adventures and many activities to explore. We set sail from the city of Norfolk and our destination was the islands of Nasayau and Freeport in the heart of the Bahamas. I just couldn't wait to feel the warm white sand and clear blue ocean water. I could already hear the nightlife with people dancing the night away without a care in the world. My favorite activities on the cruise included karaoke, dancing, and the free room service. There was just so much to explore.

One of the many activities enjoyed on the cruise ship was karaoke. Singing is one of my hobbies so I decided to enter into a karaoke contest. I got to pick from a handful of classic singers. You can laugh, but I chose Britney Spears. After it was all said and done, I had won the contest and was part of one of the last shows performed on the ship as Britney Spears. I was dressed in this school girl outfit belting out her hit single "Baby One More Time..."I was old by so many people how much I resembled Britney Spears. I even fooled a couple of people because some of them asked for my autograph.

Another activity that seemed to be part of our daily routine was dancing. Dance classes were ofered each day. I learned all different types of dancing such as Disco and Boot Scootin. Later on in the evening, my friends and I would head out to the dance club called "Club Arctic." We had so much fun when they had Disco Night because we would bust out our amazing dance moves we learned in class. Then we would head out to the Jazz bands and dance til we litteraly couldn't move.

Of course, the most enjoyed activity of all on this vacation cruise was the free food and room service. You could also order as much as you like free of charge. Everywhere we went the food was free. I swear I gained threee to five pounds just on ice cream alone. I felt like a little kid at a candy store.

I wish I could tell you so much more about this trip, but it would end up being pages and pages long so I spilled the interesting details. If you have never been on a cruise I strongly reccomend this vacation. The worst fear people have is the sea sickness but I was fine, and I have a weak stomach/ You also get what they call sea legs after about a week on the ship which took me three days to get over.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed, you do look like Spears in your profile photo.

    ReplyDelete